« World Bank Provides Support for Accelerated Rural Electrification 13,798 Ethiopians were sent abroad in the last 9 month »

Addis Ababa Satellite Image from Google

06/21/06

04:27:06 pm, by admin, 105 words
Categories: Ethiopia, Science and Technology

Addis Ababa Satellite Image from Google

Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=addis+ababa+ethiopia&ie=UTF8&ll=9.009612,38.777479&spn=0.002469,0.005364&t=k&om=1

Addis Ababa Satellite Image from Google Maps and WikiMapia

Google Maps has been around for a while, but the Satellite image for Addis Ababa has not always been this clear. You can literally see the streets of Addis Ababa.

WikiMapia of Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Enlarge Map

Click here for Satellite Image of Addis Ababa

You can zoom out and see the rest of Ethiopia

Don't Miss the Ring Road (Beltway). What exit is your house on? :)

You may also want to download Google Earth and explore

Enjoy

Related Link

WikiMapia Addis Ababa Satellite Map

Wikimapia Addis Ababa Map
You can Add Places here

flashearth.com

Comment from: sose [Visitor]
sose

Thanks for sharing.

06/21/06 @ 16:45
Comment from: Ra'Oeil [Visitor]
Ra'Oeil

Military cars, buses and trucks parked by the hundreds in an ~ 8 hectare parking space in the Old airport?! (Maybe including those famous Humvees)

Indeed these satellite pictures are highly informative!

Ra

06/21/06 @ 18:00
Comment from: Gebena22 [Visitor]
Gebena22

I am looking at Addis’s satellite picture and I realized that 95% of the major structures are either have been planned or built during King Haile Sellasie’s or Mengistu’s time. Where is the Tigreyan’s or Eritrean’s renaissance in Addis?? I guess their accomplishments are all in prison or dead. Notice history, Google is watching.

06/21/06 @ 18:36
Comment from: bealu [Visitor]
bealu

thank you for you time.

06/21/06 @ 21:19
Comment from: watcher [Visitor]
watcher

Man! This is old technology. I was using the whole 2005. This is 2006. You thought it is new because you just dicovered it?

06/21/06 @ 21:55
Comment from: tamrat [Visitor]
tamrat

Is it really Addis Ababa?
Lots of change. In’t?

06/22/06 @ 00:02
Comment from: Tostky [Visitor]
Tostky

Even it is not really clear,Its nice to navigate the whole parts of the land of ETHIOPIA.

Credit to originator!

06/22/06 @ 01:51
Comment from: Yoni [Visitor]
Yoni

I can see w/ro Bogie spreading her “Tela Biqil” on the streets.Wow, I can smell the fresh “Tela".Good God. Amazing Googles. Next time we expect to see meles Zenawi’s atrocities against Ethiopians,.

06/22/06 @ 03:17
Comment from: Sheger [Visitor]
Sheger

Mr. Tamerat,
Yes, it is really Addis Ababa. Amazing ha! I had to reminisce the past for a few minutes. And I said let me look for my house. It took me a few minutes to spot the top of my house believe it or not. Then I found my friends house also. It is easier to find your home once you see a land mark like Hospitals, Churches, Hotels, and Schools etc. Then follow the roads. Specially if you were there in the past couple of years years you will have a clue. Very amazing technology weather it is from 2005 or 2006 like my friend (Watcher) said in the above. May be he did not find any thing he remember. Folks I think this is simply the image of Addis for the first time on Ethiopian web page. So we did not even saw what it looked before to judge and capitalize it politically. Let us just enjoy the image then may be in the future we can contribute our knowledge as some of my scientist sounded friends suggested in the comments.

06/22/06 @ 04:21
Comment from: MIN AGEBAH [Visitor]
MIN AGEBAH

What about Mekele? Woyane did not have anything to do with addis. This result is from mengistu and former kings. Kimalam Woyane just dismissed what they did. Shame on you woyaneans. Peace for the real ETHIOPIA.

06/22/06 @ 08:59
Comment from: haftom [Visitor]
haftom

nice view of addis abeba

06/22/06 @ 14:22
Comment from:

An unexpected error has occurred!

If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page