« Ethiopia says 75 Somali rebels killed in MogadishuEritrea - Small but pugnacious »

Ethiopia denies Somalia bombing

12/14/07

Categories: Ethiopia, Somalia

Ethiopia denies Somalia bombing

A civilian is carried by his relatives to Madina hospital after a mortar shell exploded killing several people in Bakara market Mogadishu, Somalia Thursday, Dec. 13, 2007. Mortars slammed into the biggest market in Mogadishu on Thursday, killing at least 12 people hours after a government official said radical Muslims had regrouped and were poised to launch a massive attack. More than 40 people were wounded in the attack on the Somali capital and the death toll was expected to rise. AP Photo

Ethiopia denies Somalia bombing

Ethiopia has denied involvement in an mortar attack that killed at least 17 people in the main market in Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, on Thursday.

More gunfire and explosions were heard near Bakara market on Friday morning, but there are no details of casualties.

Ethiopian troops backing the interim Somali government were earlier reported to be behind Thursday's shelling, in which more than 40 people were injured.

More from BBC

1 2 >>

Comment from: Nafiadi [Visitor]
Nafiadi

As much as I hate Woyane, I don’t like this Mullahs either. I rejoice whenever “good” news come from that gadforsaken land. Somalis( the mullahs) can kill as many woyanes as they could and agazis can mow down as many shirrtam as possible for all I care. At the end, we know that shirrtam will be winner.

12/14/07 @ 10:32
Comment from: XOG OGAL [Visitor]
XOG OGAL

this is true that ethiopian troops behind the bombing in the begest market in hornafrik, AP AFP reuter BBC CNN ALJAZEERA ALLREADY REPORTED, SO MELES YOU ARE WAITING JUSTICE SOON

12/14/07 @ 10:37
Comment from: Nafiadi [Visitor]
Nafiadi

What if:

-Agazi must stop any war of North and move all military personel to gadforsaken somalia
-then they should finish off all mullahs
-Then occupay the land and move some ethiopians over there. these relocated ethiopians should get paid.
-increase the number of ethiopian in all corner of the country.
-fasten intermarriage b/n ethio and the left over somalis.
-after 10-20yrs, there will not be a people called somali and country called somalia.

what you think????

12/14/07 @ 10:42
Comment from: Death to Weyane [Visitor]
Death to Weyane

After a little while after the Weyane brutal regime removed they try to fight with the new Ethiopian government from Tigray dedebit. That will be handy to bomb the Tigray region then they knows what a bomb can do! Even though nothing to bomb in Tigray.
Death to weyane!

12/14/07 @ 10:55
Comment from: A-M [Visitor]
A-M

Nafiadi!
Easier said than done. Why don’t you pack up your bags (you and your nearest kith and kin) and start heading for Mogadishu than encouraging fellow ‘ethiopians’. I’m ready to welcome you in Mogadishu. welcome and start the occupation you are talking about. Apropos intermarriage, do you mean wanton rape and pillage? Your solders in Mogadishu are already busy doing that. They have failed to make any headways. Do you think writing behing the safety of a computor desk will tame Somalis? What a dream. Americans tried, they could’t. The mercenaries hired by Bush [your peasant solders] are trying but to no avail. Still welcome to Somalia. Try your own personal luck to settle in Somalia!!!!!!!!
regards

12/14/07 @ 12:03
Comment from: Giyorgis [Visitor]
Giyorgis

That is the cost of war. The funny thing about radicals is that no matter what they believe, everybody (regardless of religion or belief system) tends to die. The Somalis will kill more of each other than we ever will. Ethiopia should not fight a “George Bush-styled” war against insurgents. Either kill them or go home. I am fine with either one. Eventually, we will see ICU again because we will probably be one of the first countries they will launch a new “Holy War”
against. If Meles’ soldiers fight the same way they did when people in Ethiopia
were protesting the elections, Somalia would be a productive country by now!

12/14/07 @ 12:21
Comment from: tesfaye [Visitor]
tesfaye

I was one of the main opponent of this government, and today either . Initial involvement in this war was not important . It was better if we waited on our border for the slamists. But now as long as we involved I personally prefer Ethiopian soldier to stay there . Think guys if the Slamist come to power under this condition , there is rule and law which governs them and they never affraid to destroy our country . Hi guys don’t be emotional . Think for the very long time . I prefer dictator MELES ZENAWI than losing any part of my country. PLEASE GUYS LOVE EACH OTHER . LEAVE POLITICS FOR POLITICIAN . I am writing this because I’m concerned about the future of this country.

12/14/07 @ 13:01
Comment from: tesfaye [Visitor]
tesfaye

I was one of the main opponent of this government, and today either . Initial involvement in this war was not important . It was better if we waited on our border for the slamists. But now as long as we involved I personally prefer Ethiopian soldier to stay there . Think guys if the Slamist come to power under this condition , there is no rule and law or internation law which governs them and they never affraid to destroy our country . Hi guys don’t be emotional . Think for the very long future time . I prefer dictator MELES ZENAWI than losing any part of my country. PLEASE GUYS LOVE EACH OTHER . LEAVE POLITICS FOR POLITICIAN . I am writing this because I’m concerned about the future of this country.

12/14/07 @ 13:03
Comment from: tesfaye [Visitor]
tesfaye

12/14/07 @ 13:04
Comment from: selam [Visitor]
selam

Bereket told BBC,

“Ethiopian government adviser Berekat Simon said the insurgents had been severely weakened, so Ethiopia had no need to target markets.”

This is pure WAR CRIMES confession by TPLF regime, I prayed for you the people of TIGARY for your dirty blood hand and sin I can’t wait and see the end of this regime and its supporters
The sad thing is I read in one of the TPLF supporters website that he was suggesting they could used the publicity they have right in the market bombing in Somalia to be popular if they could have put smart person this makes to my stomach sick. Who are these people? Are they the one who complained about being forgotten to death in Ethiopia’s repeated drought and bombed by dergu in hawzeen to exterminate them like flea? And they forgot all that and they are filled with arrogance up to there heads and killing anybody who questioned them for wrong doing.

Egzeo, Egzeo, Egzeo, Meharene Christos

12/14/07 @ 13:05
Comment from: selam [Visitor]
selam

Bereket told BBC,

Egzeo, Egzeo, Egzeo, Meharene Christos

12/14/07 @ 13:05
Comment from: selam [Visitor]
selam

BBC,

The sad thing is I read in one of the TPLF supporters website that he was suggesting they could used the publicity they have right now in the market bombing in Somalia to be more popular if they could have put smart person this really makes me sick to my stomach. Who are these people? Are they the one who complained about being forgotten to death in Ethiopia’s repeated drought and bombed by dergu in hawzeen to exterminate them like flea? And they forgot all that and they are filled with arrogance up to there heads and killing anybody who questioned them for wrong doing.

Egzeo, Egzeo, Egzeo, Meharene Christos

12/14/07 @ 13:09
Comment from: selam [Visitor]
selam

If this is the kind of publicity they are seeking the HAWZEEN market bombing is for sure a setup by woyane’s I swear

12/14/07 @ 13:18
Comment from: Death to Weyane [Visitor]
Death to Weyane

Hopefully soon one of the Shaebia jet destroy the Tigray region from the map, that is unnecessary region and people!

12/14/07 @ 13:25
Comment from: Chasu [Visitor]
Chasu

Hi,
Ethiopians are spending scare resources and life to save Somalis from killing each other.

Ethiopians are not the enemy of somalia. Somalis’ enemy are somalis themselves.

Somalis rather blame Italians, who tought them division among somalis into clans and subclans, Egyptians and Libyans, who are supporting Somalis’ hostility towards Ethiopians for the sake of distabilizing Ethiopia, not to support the Somalis’ cause.

Somalis better quit their territorial ambition. It is naive for them to think about taking an inch of Ethiopian soil, let alone the vast region of Ogaden. They shall look back on thousands of Ethiopian history when it comes to defending our territory.

Somalis better realize soon than later that the Ogaden region of Ethiopia has always been Ethiopian for centuries before European venture into the region. They would rather know that the present day Somaliland actually has been important part of Ethiopian Empire as it has been our outlet to the sea after Adulis, Assab and Massawa.

Somalis shall come to their senses and find out that Somalilanders would like to identify themselves with Ethiopians than the rest of Somalia.

Somalis better quit their partnership with Eritreans…our lost citizens to Muslim fanatics and the stupid Italians.

Ethiopians are, as stated in Quran, the holy book of Islam and as recorded in history books for ages, invisible. There is no, other than the Almighty God, war, warrior or people to challenge Ethiopians. It is not the weapons system that gave Ethiopians this power of invisibility. It is just nature.

Let us all make peace. Peace shall prevail. If we have to fight, you know who the winner is going to be… ETHIOPIA…ETHIOPIANS…ETHIOPIANS.

ETHIOPIANS are awake back from their comma for centuries. Think what that means….

12/14/07 @ 14:23