« Ethiopia - Haile Gebrselassie dominates Great Australian Run in MelbourneWhat Blair and Geldof didn't see in Ethiopia »

Two people have been mauled to death by hyenas in eastern Ethiopia.

11/30/08

Categories: Ethiopia

Two people have been mauled to death by hyenas in eastern Ethiopia.

Hyena similar to one that attacked people in Ethiopia

Two people have been mauled to death by hyenas in eastern Ethiopia.

SKY News

A man was attacked and killed on Thursday while the remains of a university student were found three days after being reported missing.

A police spokesman said: "Only the front parts of the man's teeth, a portion of his skull and ripped shreds of clothing were found."

One student was killed and another injured in a similar hyena attack earlier this year.

Hyena attacks have been increasing in Africa over the last three years.

Experts suggest most attacks take place in September when bush fires make hunting difficult for the hyenas.

Their jaws are so strong they can easily crush bone, even those of elephants.

Adult animals can measure more than 4ft in length and 2.5ft tall.

1 2 3 >>

Comment from: Warrior [Visitor]
Warrior

Besmam Be-Wold Menfes Kedus! Nebs Yemar! Nebs Yemar! I got nothing else to say with this shocking tragedy.

11/30/08 @ 01:42
Comment from: Warrior [Visitor]
Warrior

I hate this beast any way. I came accross with it twice in Addis Ababa. At GERGY by the Bole Airport. It was a shoking for me to see this M*** F*** at 8 pm in the evining by the street where there is enough light eating some garbage. It was so huge. I put my high bime of my car light on it then run away.

Nebse Yemar!

11/30/08 @ 01:51
Comment from: Dibu [Visitor]
Dibu

(Two people have been mauled to death by hyenas in eastern Ethiopia.) Where?
Diredawa, Harer, Nazret,Asayta,Sodare?:roll:

11/30/08 @ 04:14
Comment from: pascal hirt [Visitor]
pascal hirt

Africa….

11/30/08 @ 05:02
Comment from: c´moi senait [Visitor]
c´moi senait

No food in ethiopia with weyannes in power. Hyenas and other animals are starving to death becouse of Weyannes FLEA-economy…LOOTING and EXPOTING everything to ARABS and other countries. No wounder why so many peoples are starving. Hoddams are EXPORTING everything and starving our poor ppl. YE- LEEBA- economy.

11/30/08 @ 06:36
Comment from: Shewa Anbessa [Visitor]
Shewa Anbessa

:D I know the name of this hayena.Meles Zenawi Assfes

11/30/08 @ 07:31
Comment from: philly [Visitor]
philly

the agazi army, the lions and now the hyenas eating yeha cousins, whats going on out there?

11/30/08 @ 07:32
Comment from: Nominee [Visitor]
Nominee

very sad news.

11/30/08 @ 07:45
Comment from: me [Visitor]
me

where is the place in eastern ethiopia? what a sketchy news is this? better not to present such incomplete info.

11/30/08 @ 08:36
Comment from: Yeha [Visitor]
Yeha

I think hyenas hyenas know days becoming enemy of people at some point because there are lots of people specially children eating by hyena.God bless us all. Have a good sunday prayer..Yeha

11/30/08 @ 10:04
Comment from: Jamal [Visitor]
Jamal

May Allah protect us from the jaws of all animals especially hyenas!
were these hyenas in addis? I am scared now. this is strange.

11/30/08 @ 11:11
Comment from: Baby [Visitor]
Baby

My condolence to the friends and family members of the young university students who fell prey to the merciless hyenas.

Nazretoch, it is not clear from the report which university is refered to. Personally I know there are so many hyenas in Alemaya Woreda and the Haremaya University Campus is so full of them that one could not have imagined if they really would hurt human beings. In Harer, a 40km drive from Alemaya town, there is even an amazing hyena sanctuary where a man entertains tourists by feeding hyenas chunks of meat from his mouth.

Time has changed, and people in and around Eastern Ethiopia must be always on their guard not too be fooled the previously friendly hyenas.

11/30/08 @ 11:56
Comment from: guramilea [Visitor]
guramilea

no more good news from ETHIOPIA everything is hell.GOD please turn ur eyes to this christian country and ur blessing too.

11/30/08 @ 13:40
Comment from: Yeha [Visitor]
Yeha

Wow! this is really sad story. I wish those hungry hyenas turned their teeth to the discarded Ogaden or Somali terrorist instead of for students.Eating by heyna is the worst senario you can think of.Yeha

11/30/08 @ 14:26
Comment from: wrufael [Visitor]
wrufael

Action is needed now!!!Why is the life of Childrens living in this country in a very very difficult? every day the Hayinas eating a human mostly Childrens. So, the government must do some thing now not tomorrow. While trying to change the country green, the government must consider the safty of the peoples. Clean the forsts from dengerous animals or cut away all the trees and jungles from the areas where peoples are in a daily activities. I don’t understand what the reginal governments are doing there. Don’t you have a good fighters there in your Kel-lil? So, why is the life of poor Ethiopians is so cheepe there? ha? ha? Sorry, I’m very angry when I read all the time a Hayinas and
other wild animals eating students and childrens. Do some thing sooner with out delay. While natives eaten daily by hayinas and wild animals, talking about country, good government and green economy is
meaningless. May God Gives you Wisdom and God Blesses the Ethiopians.

11/30/08 @ 15:19