« Ethiopia - Dashen Bank now accepting MasterCardEthiopia's Gilgel Gibe II Hydropwer to open in 4 months »

Ethiopian businessman Duguma Hunde passed away

01/14/09

Categories: Business, Ethiopia

Ethiopian businessman Duguma Hunde passed away

Ethiopian businessman Duguma Hunde passed away

Capital

The Ethiopian industrial conglomerate Duguma Hunde owner and General manager of DH Geda passed away on Friday night January 9, 2009 with a heart problem.
The known businessman who participates in diversified sectors died after he went home feeling sick.

Duguma who was born in Sodo town in the Southern Nations Nationalities and People's Regional State runs over six factories apart from his businesses in the banking sector.
Duguma who is in his late 60's is working on setting up a cement and beer factories. His latest investment in the cement sector with his family members, have an initial production capacity of 250 tons of cement per day with an outlay of 80 million birr.

Duguma who is also a great fan of Barack Obama was planning to attend his inauguration. A blogger recently posted about his interest in the US election. "So have you taken any interest in the U.S. election?" the blogger asked Duguma where he pulled a wallet-size photo of Barack Obama from his pocket. "I'll see you at the inauguration" he replied to the blogger.

DH Blanket, Galvanized Iron Sheet (GIS), Paint, Flour and Dyeing and bleaching factories are among the manufacturing industries of DH GEDA. In addition it is also engaged in tower renting and production and import-export business of other consumable goods.

1 2 3 >>

Comment from: Zatu [Visitor]
Zatu

It is unfortunate to miss such an entrepreneur. God bless his soul. Please accept my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

01/14/09 @ 15:36
Comment from: ANDENET [Visitor]
ANDENET

IT IS SAD TO SEE ANY HARD WORKING HUMAN BEING LEAVE LIKE THIS.

01/14/09 @ 15:55
Comment from: fufa [Visitor]
fufa

Very, Very sad! We lost great Oromo buisnessman. May my condolesence reach
those beloved ones whom he left behind and may his soul rest in PEACE!

01/14/09 @ 16:01
Comment from: wedi adi [Visitor]
wedi adi

Yo, what’s up with Capital ? The news article has so many grammatical errors.
They are speaking of the deceased in the present term?and what do they mean “known businessman” you mean popular?well known ?
Aren’t they supposed to be a major media outlet?
Embarrassing.To all of us.

01/14/09 @ 16:33
Comment from: Ezra [Visitor]
Ezra

habesha like to talk a lot mouth wide. what now ? don,t tell me gov agents killed him.That what i accpet on this comment.88|

01/14/09 @ 16:47
Comment from: Ensarmu [Visitor]
Ensarmu

Why the frequent death for the richest Ethiopians is dooming this days?

01/14/09 @ 17:50
Comment from: c´moi senait [Visitor]
c´moi senait

One LABA HODDAM dead 1000 to go.Where did he get the MONEY? EVERY one of them are involving in ILLEGAL act and made a lot of money by STEALING from ethiopia. All of them are HODDAMMs leba and we must confecicat every thing they own and give to the poor ethiopia.

01/14/09 @ 18:28
Comment from: rasdan1 [Visitor]
rasdan1

its sad for his family and the country but a reminder to all that our ppl need to start paying attention to eating healthy and excerising its still not adopted by our culture as many see eating fat and kibe, fat belly as grace and sign of good stature. ppl need to change in that aspect.

01/14/09 @ 19:01
Comment from: DireDawa22 [Visitor]
DireDawa22

RIP Ato Duguma. My friends, we have all the nice things to say when people pass away. The truth is that Duguma is a very corrupt and mean businessman - just like many other corrupt businessmen in Addis.
You know DH Gheda, if you do business with him or rented a space from him. He doesn’t care about legal agreement. He is simply a thugish business man. I am not destroying his name for nothing. I moved to US with the Dedebu Visa 3 years ago. I knew him well and some people, who got shafted by him. I hate the businessmen in our country - they are all corrupt.

01/14/09 @ 19:07
Comment from: jhon wilson [Visitor]
jhon wilson

I know this man personaly may God bless his soul. good strength for his family.

01/14/09 @ 19:36
Comment from: Habeshaw [Visitor]
Habeshaw

“took a walet size pic of Obama” that sounds gay to me. lol

01/14/09 @ 20:19
Comment from: Pink Panther [Visitor]
Pink Panther

I am not being cynical, but a few years ago I heard this guy was infected with HIV. When I saw the head line I thought he died of that.
” Nebs Yimar!”

01/14/09 @ 20:49
Comment from: Wegayehu [Visitor]
Wegayehu

I felt very sad to learn the death of Ato Duguma Hundie last Saturday morning after reading the article on Ethiopian review. I worked in DH Geda trade and industry for two years as a sales person before moving to the US. He use to be our role model and still is between collegues. He was a very hard working person beyond words can explain. I remember him back then he use to be at his office at 5:00 am in the morning and working energetically throughout the whole day. He was sometimes shrud toward his employees just bc he expected them to be hard workers like him. Nevertheless he was so polite and appreciates his good employees as a teacher would like his best students. There may be some people who might be angry at him bc they expect him to give them money beyond their salaries just bc they’ve done their jobs! which is expecting money that they don’t deserve! And he was always aware for such people and never streches his hand for those types of individuals.I personally like the company and I’m pround for working there.He was a natural manager and entrepreneur at the same time. Always positive for change, new technologies and welcomes the ideas of the new generation. His mind is restless when it comes to creating new companies and always eager to see his ideas becoming real! And made it so! It is indeed a huge loss for our country! I doubt that his sons and daughters would really replace his place! But again he’ll always be remembered for his good deeds for generations to come.RIP

01/14/09 @ 21:32
Comment from: Temesgen [Visitor]
Temesgen

God rest his soul inpeace!

I know his good name for several years, but never mate him. Several people I have known for several years in Addis Ababa had always appreciated this good man Ato DUGUMA HONDE GEDA. I KNOW HIS GOOD NAME approximately since 1978. Merkato knows him, Ethiopians know him.

ONCE AGAIN GOD REST HIS SOUL IN PEACE!

PLEASE BE ADVISED NOT TO INSULT SOME BODY AFTER HIS/HER DEATH. IT IS NOT ONLY RUDE, IT IS COWARDS ACT.

TO ALL HIS FAMILY MEMBERS AND HIS FRIENDS:
I SHARE YOUR DEEPEST SORROW, ATO DUGUMA’S DEATH IS A GREAT LOSE FOR YOU AND SEVERAL ETHIOPIANS AND ETHIOPIA AS A COUNTRY.

IT IS HARD TO FIND SUCH A HARD WORKING TRUE ETHIOPIAN.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

01/15/09 @ 02:31
Comment from: Chombe [Visitor]
Chombe

Don’t you have his photo?

01/15/09 @ 04:41