« Ethiopia striving to reduce poverty: Japanese ambassadorEthiopia - Gondar University graduates over 3400 students »

Ethiopia - Addis Ababa University graduates over 2000 students

07/26/09

Categories: Ethiopia, Education

Ethiopia - Addis Ababa University graduates over 2000 students

Ethiopia - Addis Ababa University graduates over 2000 students

Ethiopian News Agency

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia -

Ethiopia's Addis Ababa University on Saturday graduated more than 2000 graduates trained in undergraduate program.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony university's Academic Vice President Dr. Tekalegn Woldemariam said the university will launch improved working system and organization to render efficient service.

Since its inception 57 years before, Dr. Tekalgne said, the University has been graduating a number of trainees in various fields.

The present graduates are trained in fields of social and natural sciences as well as medical science.

Handing over awards to outstanding graduates Professor Emeritus Ermias Dagne urged the graduates to serve the public diligently

Prof. Ermias stressed significance of information communication technology and improved working system to help graduates improve their skill.

1 2 3 >>

Comment from: criticsofdictators [Visitor]
criticsofdictators

I am glad I did not see or read the name of that sleazy creepy homosexual cripple calling himself Endrias E-shit-e!

07/26/09 @ 01:23
Comment from: CommonSense [Visitor]
CommonSense

Serve the country diligently?

…Within a few years, every one of these graduates will leave the nation for the West!

That is just the way it is! And, it is very sad…

07/26/09 @ 04:02
Comment from: Observer [Visitor]
Observer

Criticsosdicatator,
You are full of sh*t. You are the first to comment and you have nothing better to say. Get life.

07/26/09 @ 05:06
Comment from: IAM [Visitor]
IAM

“Inkuan Des Yalachihu, Inkuan Des Yalachihu, Inkuan Des Yalachihu,”
“Inkuan….”
(I hope they haven’t changed this iconic graduation song).

Good luck and all the bests.

07/26/09 @ 07:43
Comment from: Black Boy [Visitor]
Black Boy

Wow so after 57 years in a country of over 70million AA University can only graduate 2000 students? Most can’t speak a proper sentence in english even after 4 years education taught in english but they now have degrees? No wonder we are so backward and a danger to our selves 90% of them will now runaway to the west and become 4th class citizens living of benefits rather than work in ethiopia for 1800 birr a month and can you blame them?

07/26/09 @ 08:23
Comment from: tezebet [Visitor]
tezebet

I hope the quality of the education is ok too. The only way Ethiopia can get out of the misery she is in is by educating and have more a collage graduate…AAU losing the brighter instructors by mass people goes abroad to further their education but by far the majority not returning to their country…..
The addition thing I noticed in one of my many trips to Addis and visiting two of AAU campus with the help of one of my family member. I always wish to visit AAU since I did not get a chance to go to college back in Ethiopia….There was one thing I notice more than anything else and sadden me more than any other thing I saw “good and bad”. this particular thing that I noted after I met a student whose major was economics and I asked him to show me what text book he is using for his economics class, I could not believe my eye this guy text book published in 197 and the book practically look like used for century . I am not economist or act one, the last time I took economics is in 1994 when I was the 2nd year’s student and I took the class as social elective class… but I can tell that book shouldn’t be in the shelf of the library let alone using that book as a text book. The same thing I take a look from one of the student from 5 killo (engineering school) at least the engineering book was not bad. Right after I came back I fully participates with the book drive to AAU and we sent so many books to Ethiopia. Even if the some of the books did not get where we tried to sent it because of the higher education corrupt and stupid system some of the books ended up one of neighboring port ….

Anyhow all the graduate congratulation and wish you more success…

07/26/09 @ 11:08
Comment from: alemayehu Tefera [Visitor]
alemayehu Tefera

congrats all of you!

07/26/09 @ 13:15
Comment from: omo [Visitor]
omo

Is there a program in place to keep our university graduates in the country by providing them with jobs, or are they going to immigrate to western countries and do jobs below their training, with such a great loss to Ethiopia?
The drama of third world countries that spend a lot of money to educate their chidren and loose them to western countries because they end up jobless or feel insecure in their own land, is one of the main reason for the continued underdevelopment of countries like Ethiopia.

07/26/09 @ 14:21
Comment from: shekakiw [Visitor]
shekakiw

criticsofdictators: U loser, how dare u open your filthy mouth..I know u wont let anything genius through your thick skull..anyways I advise u to munch on things atleast for a week before starting to type..moron

07/26/09 @ 14:22
Comment from: hammere [Visitor]
hammere

Criticofdictators,
You lazy idiot, what the have you got to do with the intelligent Andreas Eshete. Leave him alone, you crook. It is not about him. The topic here is not about Andreas Eshete. It is about GRADUATION. Loser!!!

07/26/09 @ 14:37
Comment from: Seleme [Visitor]
Seleme

. . .hoping they can job. . .not finish yet, after their graduation thats the beginning. . .

07/26/09 @ 14:45
Comment from: Nahom [Visitor]
Nahom

It is very sad that this students won’t have the chance to work on their graduate (masters) program.
Could any one tell me the starting salary for one student who just graduated?

07/26/09 @ 16:31
Comment from: Jordan [Visitor]
Jordan

Send them to Ogden to drill oil so that they could create a job for themselves and be rich. If they stay in Addis their life will be messed up except a few fortunate. So, they have to learn the game “Drill baby drill” which is capitalism 101!!!

07/26/09 @ 17:13
Comment from: Damrak [Visitor]
Damrak

hammere
Let me tell you something. Non-Tigrayans have long stopped attending AAU because there is no added value education there. AAU is fit to educate only the mehayem TPLF members. The only proud person about AAU who is non-Ethiopian is you. When AAU used to be the center of education, your hero Meles couldn’t handle it so he dropped out and run to the Tigray bush to become a blood-thursty shifta.

07/26/09 @ 18:17
Comment from: Mola Marina [Visitor]
Mola Marina

Criticotdictors, U R morone ,Jelose and nasty person ,The topic was not about one indivisual.It was about 2000 ethiopian ethiopian graduating.UR jelosy didn;t allow u 2 look behain indivisuals. Professor Indrias is great ethiopian. he is teaching his fellow ethiopian.U R stinky idiot, i have no words to expres U……

07/26/09 @ 18:45