« Ethiopia's 'Hyena Men' Talk to the AnimalsSouth African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape »

CNN Profiles W/O Abebech Gobena 'Africa's Mother Teresa'

06/24/10

Categories: Ethiopia, People, Interview

CNN Profiles W/O Abebech Gobena 'Africa's Mother Teresa'

CNN Profiles W/O Abebech Gobena 'Africa's Mother Teresa'

CNN's African Voices profiles yet another Ethiopian. This time, CNN profiles Abebech Gobena who has saved the lives of hundreds of orphans and is known as "Africa's Mother Teresa."

Watch the video below and you can read full story from CNN

am name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> ue="true" />

1 2 3 4 >>

Comment from: Tenagare [Visitor]
Tenagare

GOD BLESS HER! As always seeing what she does inspires me. Just imagine what can be done if people stop giving lame excuses and join hands.

06/24/10 @ 04:08
Comment from: extraterrestrial [Member]
extraterrestrial

We don’t need to be the Prime Minister of Ethiopia if we want to bring change. Real change comes from down to top not from top to down. This women and other people’s work like Dr. Eleni shows that there is enough space to work and bring real change to the Ethiopian poor without being political or a political leader.

06/24/10 @ 04:17
Comment from: dokemas [Visitor]
dokemas

hey ppl temaru kezi this is we call a human being stop talking politics and some thing 4 u r country bunch of selfish and opportunist learn from this ok ppl yagere sewoche asedabi becha.

06/24/10 @ 04:43
Comment from: dokemas [Visitor]
dokemas

she is wonderful person bless her.

06/24/10 @ 04:46
Comment from: t. Dinka [Visitor]
t. Dinka

God bless her!!!!!

06/24/10 @ 04:51
Comment from: mengistu h/mariam [Visitor]
mengistu h/mariam

She deserve it I wish long life for our mother abebech gobena.I remember that when she started years a go with few kids and today she called African mother !? O my God how gorgeous is tha God bless you for all kids and you are unbelievable, you are our all mother we are proud of you and you’re a sign of love love love. …..totally you’re love

06/24/10 @ 05:16
Comment from: Dibango [Visitor]
Dibango

I might have had heard her name , but I never know what she have done , she is very inspirational and amazing woman , and it is an invitation for the rest of us to do our part in helping our people or communities.What else can I say , I only wish you to live long with full health Mrs Abebech , I love you with much respect , I wish we ethiopians have few people like you throughout the country . you made a history you are the bravest hero of Ethiopia ,GOD bless you .

06/24/10 @ 05:19
Comment from: M.T. [Visitor]
M.T.

Respectable Mother of Ethiopian orphans, Dr. Abebech Gobena !

Mother Theresa of Africa!

Let your organization bloom and create complete awareness into Ethiopian society. Let the last take collectively its responsibilities in a micro level collectively as community and also in a macro level, as a state. It is time now Ethiopians tax payers money to be spent on abandoned children and elderly! I know almost unbearable task to do it now, but it must somehow symbolically start!!

What could have been the fate of these children, orphanages and welfare houses like
Abebech Gobena, Mary Joe, Tesfa Yebego Adrago dirijit, and others which are many and scattered all over the country?

What if those extremely humble handful person were not existing?

Let’s feel grieved and contribute our share in this very unequal world where the majority starves, and is lonely, if not hopeless.

06/24/10 @ 05:31
Comment from: omo [Visitor]
omo

We Ethiopians are proud of our “Mother Ethiopia”, Abebech Gobena. The Good Samaritan is the pride of our country and the pillar of Ethiopian society. She has brought comfort to the small souls that are unfortunate enough to see the ugly face of this life at an early and tender age. She has saved Ethiopian children from the terrifying teeth of death and she has become the shining star of comfort, hope and strength to the helpless children of Ethiopia. This is an example of a lady that has risen to the highest levels of a perfect and a true human being. She is an ETHIOPIAN SAINT.

06/24/10 @ 05:49
Comment from: samity [Visitor]
samity

well while am watching this viedo tears are coming out of my eyes what she has done and what she continoue doing is a great thing what a great personality we don’t need to be a mucian or popular person to help our fellow human being where ever we are who ever we are let us joing hands and help our fellow citizens 1

06/24/10 @ 07:45
Comment from: anonumous [Visitor]
anonumous

Addee Ababach Gobana,

May Waqaa Bless you!. You are truely an Angel.

You reminded me my very own mother and my own Nany, who were both messangers of God in their own right.

I see the true Oromo character in you. I hope others follow your foot step and stop hating and living Midiocre life.

May God continue to bless you and bless my people!.

Amen!

06/24/10 @ 08:33
Comment from: MulatwaD [Visitor]
MulatwaD

Love you Emama Abebech you are the mother of all Ethiopians. I hope most of us will follow your step one day. Gob bless

06/24/10 @ 09:02
Comment from: berero [Visitor]
berero

Hey Nazreths,

Please check the comments on CNN about this article. People are ready to help and make a donations to Abebech’s orphanage. Could you please try to make the connection? I mean If you have the ability?

Thanks.

God bless this wonderful woman and mother of all !!!

06/24/10 @ 09:14
Comment from: samudwaq [Visitor]
samudwaq

i am so proud of Abebech Gobena living saint let all of us/ethiopian from Revd. Wro. Abebech Gobena to be real human and ethiopian.

06/24/10 @ 09:54
Comment from: Sami 1 [Visitor]
Sami 1

Every little thing we do helps!
I myself adopted a daughter and it is a blessing that inriches my life. She is wonderful and determined and in God’s grace she will be university in September.
We are selfish in nature, but step out and do something and God will even give you more.
I hope many will step in as this grate lady is getting older!

God bless you MAMAA of many!

06/24/10 @ 10:05