« Ethiopia - Meles Zenawi holds talks with Somalia PresidentEthiopia: Profile of Robbers involved in Britain's biggest diamond raid »

Cab Driver Accused Of Falling Asleep Behind Wheel

07/07/10

Categories: Ethiopia

Cab Driver Accused Of Falling Asleep Behind Wheel

Cab Driver Accused Of Falling Asleep Behind Wheel

INDIANAPOLIS
-- The city has issued an emergency suspension of the license of a cab driver accused of falling asleep behind the wheel.

Haile Ghebre Tensae, who drove for Indy Airport Taxi, was told Tuesday that he can no longer operate a cab after two separate complaints were lodged with the Department of Code Enforcement, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported.

"The cab driver, while providing transportation to a woman and her small child, fell asleep and veered into the opposite lane of traffic," said Licensing Administrator Adam Collins. "She had to shake him to wake him up."

Read More and Watch Video from Channel 6

1 2 3 >>

Comment from: Keffa [Visitor]
Keffa

poor guy :'(

plz get sleep… Life is to short to work till you are putting your and others life in danger..

07/07/10 @ 02:09
Comment from: degu [Visitor]
degu

Foolish! He was suppose to sleep with one eye opend.

07/07/10 @ 02:10
Comment from: aklilu [Visitor]
aklilu

please, I know it is not enough to support all your family with one low paying job. You shouldn’t risk your life either by working extended hours. You are not going to be healthy if you don’t get enough sleep. You are not the only person. I had to wake up one cab driver on the street before train tracks. When he get there around 3 a.m. the train was passing then he put the selector on p (park) and decided to take 2 mins nap until the long train passes. When I get there I saw this cabby with the headlights on in the middle of the road. I am not sure how long he had been there. When I woke him up he startled and looked to the front, then said, ‘where is the train’. The train probably passed half an hour ago. Anyways there should be limit.

07/07/10 @ 03:18
Comment from: Abdullah [Visitor]
Abdullah

lol degu yes u are right he should do that akkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

07/07/10 @ 03:20
Comment from: Tamyalew [Visitor]
Tamyalew

work smarter not harder!!!

07/07/10 @ 04:30
Comment from: Tamyalew [Visitor]
Tamyalew

work smarter not harder!!!

07/07/10 @ 04:30
Comment from: Astatike [Visitor]
Astatike

Let God protect us all!!!

07/07/10 @ 04:35
Comment from: gola [Visitor]
gola

There is something I know for sure and that is anytime you are picked up at an Airport, Train station, Bus station and hotel be careful they are robbing you. They are rude and if they are nice it is because they are looking for another angle to work. The Ethiopians are nicer when they think you are one of them but they are just as bad when they can’t tell you are Abesha. I have a look that could go ether way and I have seen it all. DC is the worse because it goes by zone and seating in the back in the dark you cant always see the map. The filth that comes out when they talk on the phone and they think you don’t understand… The non Ethiopians, anytime they ask if am Ethiopian, I know they are playing me. I had one the other day. I told him exactly how I wanted to go where I was going but he starts talking about knowing Ethiopians. He said things like selam, dena nesh and of course I responded like he was my long lost brother. He was on the lane to go on to the Interstate and there was no making mistakes but he manges to do it. He makes a sharp turn to go through downtown. I am like what are you doing. He says he could make a U turn. I didn’t know what to say because I now there is no where to make a U Turn. I couldn’t yell at my brother while he is driving. I had to sit there and bit may tongue. By the time I got to work I was ten minutes late. The Ethiopians when ever something is fishy to me I start speaking Amharic and they become nice. I have been to more than 25 states in America and it never fails. Seattle it was so bad but thank god they have a great public transportation other than the cabs.

07/07/10 @ 09:32
Comment from: Jara [Visitor]
Jara

bere hoy bere hoy
sar sarun setaye
elem kalew gedel gebteh kereh weye

07/07/10 @ 11:05
Comment from: wedi Tigray [Visitor]
wedi Tigray

indiana qima yelem ende? aweday+tikus shai make your night fly.:D

07/07/10 @ 13:11
Comment from: Big Deal [Visitor]
Big Deal

I’ve observed Ethiopians work upto 16 hours a day. And I’m talking about the ones that have wives and kids. No wonder their kids grow up to be ugly and turn to crime & prostitution to fill the void.

Working hard is good but upto a certain point. If you have family ( wife and kids) work as much as you can provide and invest wisely so you don’t have to sleep at the wheel of your cab.

So pathetic. You don’t get to live to be a hundred. The single ones work hard to build ” Foq” in Senga Tera, Kofele, Gulele, Kotebe and Sebbeta lol

C’mon everybody knows you are not going to move back to Ethiopia. Why not invest here where the return is fairly predictable, political climate stable and the return on your investment is far better than in that of third world shithole?

07/07/10 @ 13:15
Comment from: Sammy [Visitor]
Sammy

This is greedyness, Bekagno Iyakum , there is is no enough, too quick to get rich, not too fast Jack.

07/07/10 @ 14:04
Comment from: dj [Visitor]
dj

degu,you are Hilarious man

07/07/10 @ 15:08
Comment from: Yonas Seyoum [Visitor]
Yonas Seyoum

oh man! We are working our self to death in america. Money is good but we need to live too God damn!
my sister is a Rn Nurse she makes 30 bulcks an hour , but she works 3 Jobs 2 full time one part time. And she is just another Ethiopian in america who thinks money is going to fix all the problem. No it wont :(

07/07/10 @ 15:25
Comment from: Gragn Ahmed [Visitor]
Gragn Ahmed

Worship the Almighty Allah,then everything will be easy on you.

07/07/10 @ 16:45