« Ethiopia's 'cupcake divide' in Addis AbabaU.S. body Accuses Ethiopia of abusing religious freedom of Muslims »

Ethiopia: Woman acquitted of husband's attempted murder in Canada

11/10/12

Categories: Crime

Ethiopia: Woman acquitted of husband's attempted murder in Canada

Ethiopia: Woman acquitted of husband's attempted murder in northern B.C.

By Keven Drews, The Canadian Press

A Fort St. John woman who repeatedly stabbed her husband after suffering from battered-wife syndrome was Thursday found not guilty of attempted murder.

Ayelech Ejigu, 42, who faces a separate charge that she murdered a community worker in Burnaby, was also acquitted of the aggravated assault and use of a weapon in the assault of her husband, Yadeta Kareba.

In reasons for judgment, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Elliott Myers concluded that Ejigu was acting in self-defence during the incident involving Kareba at the family home in June 2010.

Ejigu, a mother of two who came to Canada from Ethiopia in 2007, testified that her husband, Yadeta Kareba, 49, beat her frequently while they were living in Africa.

Read More ...

Average user rating:
1.0 stars
(1.0)

1 2 3 >>

Comment from: Zerihun [Visitor]
Zerihun

That is one of the resons I left Cemoi Senait; I mean beside the main reason–the kerfat.

11/10/12 @ 01:36
Comment from: extraterrestrial [Member]
extraterrestrial

Zerihun [Visitor]

Oh dude don’t even mention that stink of C’est moi senait [Visitor], I know two families who moved to another location because of that stench in between her legs, specially at night when her customers are visiting her lol

11/10/12 @ 01:51
Comment from: usfu [Visitor]
usfu

The message is very clear. If you have married someone and beat her back home, don’t live with her in another country. I assume that since both are immigrant, rule of law in Canada will give fair justices without a biased especially if there is a lawyer representing a party. The second lesson might be that marry someone whom you know very well. If there is any disagreement, immediately divorce.

11/10/12 @ 02:12
Comment from: Dallas [Visitor]
Dallas

Zerihun & Extraterrestrial, this dirty B by the name C’est moi senait does not even worth mentioning.

11/10/12 @ 04:04
Comment from: Tota [Visitor]
Tota

It is C’est moi who killed that ugly bisbis gematam wife beater TEDDY. Well done.

11/10/12 @ 04:18
Comment from: ermeyas [Visitor]
ermeyas

Good judgment
Well done ayelech
We need to stand by our mother side to show our dad how he it is wrong abusing our mum

11/10/12 @ 04:43
Comment from: Yasin [Visitor]
Yasin

Good job Ayelech the new syndrom affect a lot of ethiopian womens so that means all habesha men need to becarful before they open their mouth. Me personally i don’t own a knife.

11/10/12 @ 05:07
Comment from: Tsubuk [Visitor]
Tsubuk

I don’t really see her in that way. for whatever reason attempting murder to her husband things happened back doesn’t sounds right to.If she doesn’t like her husband there is free way to leave him-Divorce?It looks like jealousy and non-teachable at all.Please if you don’t agree with your whatever it is , please move to the next level?

11/10/12 @ 06:53
Comment from: Amhara Princess [Visitor]
Amhara Princess

Violence against women is so Goddamn common in Ethiopia. Some of these pigs are bringing their nauseating habits to the western world, it appears. I was reading recent report regarding such issues, in fact, the report was just over a week or two weeks max from Ethiopia. The report stated that men over there are battering the poor defenseless women and according to evidence, there has been a study increase in domestic abuse/violence against women in Ethiopia, specifically, where the women in the household are professionals or tend to earn better or equal with the men/pigs.

Such retarded chauvinism is totally unacceptable! I have no idea why women even look at violent men let alone date or marry them? That is such a ginormous turnoff trait in men. I advise any women, girls, if a man dares try hit them or even shouts badly just dump the hell out of them before it is too late. Why would anybody on planet earth want to touch violent men?

…Coming back to this news, I hate violence of any sort, against women or men but it sounds like the man abused, battered his wife for far too long and gave her no choice. Bravo Ayelech, well done. I am glad he is alive so she has no blood on her hands but she gave him something to reflect on & think about years of abuse. I feel sorry for the kids though. So sad being born in such nauseating environments, witness such madness.

11/10/12 @ 07:26
Comment from: Mercato [Visitor]
Mercato

A lot of women live in terror in Ethiopia by these male chauvenist barbarians. Only weak men beat Women. People, you have to expose all those coward savage men who beat up their girl friends or wives. Well done Ayelech. Anyone who have a sister or a mother will always stand by you.

11/10/12 @ 07:43
Comment from: Tazabi [Visitor]
Tazabi

Although I do not Believe in murder and violence,I understand Ayelech’s decision to take a stand to protect her self. We Ethiopians know very well that how women are treated. Most our men are very abusive, most of us know an abused women. If it is not our selves, it is our mother, our aunt, sister, friend, neighbor or acquaintance. Clearly the woman was abused .He probably made her life a living hell since she is far away from her family. she snap and attacked him. After all, she is living in a country where law is applied . They both had their day in court, and were given the opportunity to precent their case. The law is on her side. I hope she will get the necessary help to get well and stay away from this man for good.

11/10/12 @ 07:47
Comment from: extraterrestrial [Member]
extraterrestrial

Dallas [Visitor]

You mean you don’t smell the stench of C’est moi senait [Visitor]’s tired old pu**y when you mover over her comments? I DO lol

11/10/12 @ 08:35
Comment from: Tamrat Tamrat [Visitor]
Tamrat Tamrat

Dont you ever heart your wife, the mother of your children, your once lover till she is forced to kill you.

Ethiopian women tolerate a lot before they make it open even for family leave alone to police and lawyers.

I never say killing is good. But don’t push them around. They are not like this fictious lumpen Agazit.

11/10/12 @ 08:57
Comment from: addiszemen [Member]
addiszemen

AP,…

UNICORN yehonshi neger nesh. HHa! Kumkina chemireshal.remember?

I 100% agree with you, that women should leave if a husband is abusive and violent.
The first thing I noticed when I come to the west was how women’s right was respected and the great freedom and democracy for all.
Especially Back home in Ethiopia, witnessing how cruel and selfish husbands beat and abuse their wives, some of them even in dailly bases. For some husbands it is a kind of adventure or sometimes a fill good confidence building ritual to beat their helpless wives.
I’m glad these days some of this problems are being addressed by the govt, with so many outspoken women and organizations.
In the same token, I heard some wives don’t fill being loved, if a husband don’t slap them once in a while or doesn’t fill jealous sometimes? I don’t know if it is true or not, but if I’m married to you, I wouldn’t mind to slap the hell out of your ass, whenever I say “je t’aime".
I think that’s how one control a “motmuata” wife.

11/10/12 @ 09:00
Comment from: extraterrestrial [Member]
extraterrestrial

Hey guys let us not be judgemental, we all need to pray hard before we decide who we marry.

What you will do if you fall in marriage with a b1tch & dirty mouth women like C’est moi senait [Visitor]?

YOU WILL KILL HER &#59;)

By the way i don’t doubt it in my mind there are women who enjoy beating sometimes. I am not saying they are normal but they do enjoy it.

11/10/12 @ 10:21