« Ethiopian authorities charge nine journalists with terrorismEthiopia's key to safer births? Better roads. »

Denver: Taste of Ethiopia Festival has a new day and place

07/16/14

11:04:00 pm, by admin, 147 words
Categories: Ethiopia

Denver: Taste of Ethiopia Festival has a new day and place

Taste of Ethiopia moves to Stapleton on Aug. 3 for Denver Days

By Joey Bunch

The Denver Post

The second Taste of Ethiopia Festival has a new day and place: Aug. 3 at Central Park in Denver's Stapleton neighborhood.

This year, the event joins Denver Days, Mayor Michael Hancock's weeklong tour of events across the city intended to help "help neighbors get to know each other and get involved with their communities," according to the city.

The Taste of Ethiopia includes not just food and drinks, but a schedule of cultural performances, vendors and music from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Last year thousands of people turned out on the last Sunday afternoon in July to dine at the first Taste of Ethiopia Festival at an Aurora elementary school. Lines lasted until the food — prepared by a team of volunteer cooks with Ethiopian lineage — ran out.

Read More from Denver Post

Comment from: C'est moi senait [Visitor]
C'est moi senait

My advise to all true Ethiopians to Exposed the so called Ginbot a shabia prostitutes who are now sleeping with Ethiopia sworn enemy. Those of you who trusted this ginbot group .Leave now and join an other true Ethiopia opposition groups and of course have a fun there. If I ever see any ginbot a shabia prostitute supporter, I will smash their head with American bas ball tree.

07/16/14 @ 23:48
Comment from: ethiopiawi [Visitor]
ethiopiawi

Well said C., but I doubt if those Ginbot / Shabia prostitutes will get it.

07/17/14 @ 10:35
Comment from: Alemu2 [Visitor]
Alemu2

C’est senait for the first time you said something that make sense. for me i say stop opposing and join the development. F*** politics.

07/17/14 @ 13:42
Comment from: Dan [Visitor]
Dan

Senait,

Don’t you think anyone have the right to join what ever group they want to? You should only speak for yourself. BTW, publicly threatening someone is not smart. I have heard you preach democracy and yet you will smash someone’s head if they have different philosophy.

07/17/14 @ 14:49
Comment from: Worke [Visitor]
Worke

Hello Joey Bunch

I wonder the test of Ethiopia festival would include in food and drink music wise.
Because regarding food and music wise Ethiopia has a lot to offer from different tribes and culture.
Our food does not include sweet things like sugar and cream stuff. Because we do not really fancy it.
We love Enjera as a bread which can be eaten by Fish, Meat, Veg, Spices etc.. Let me tell you something about Enjera I am not kidding you I love it. I only satisfied my hunger when I eat Enjera.
GOD BLESS ETHIOPIA
WISH DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO THE ETHIOPIAN ENEMIES.

07/18/14 @ 05:51
Comment from: Sam I Am [Visitor]
Sam I Am

@Senait
This must be a historic turn of events. A full 180 degrees. You finally are coming to your god given senses. We all should realize, we don’t have to be in beds with the current ruling party, to have common decency and common sene to see and point at our common enemy, when it comes to our Ethiopia.
Anyone who’s in beds with our sworn enemies, be it Shabia, Al Shbnab, the extremists in Egypt or home grown terrorists, who choose any means of terror over dialog are a cancer to the whole fabric of a civil society. And must be opposed by all Ethiopians, regardless of our political stripes. All changes come only within. And welcome home Senait.

07/18/14 @ 09:39